27 August 2008

Creature blog

Giant moths and more bunnies. Remind me. What was this blog about again? Dean's been beggin' for a picture of my new hiking bench. So, here it is. It's an exact replica of the side deck on the Megabyte. Yeah, I thought is was pretty geeky to go to the trouble to make it that way, but I've discovered it offers a significant added benefit. Not only do I get the exercise, I'm also finding my body mechanics are improving. With my fingers behind my knees I can feel the right way to spread the droop hiking load across multiple muscle groups and contact points so that my knees don't ache. Cool! OK, so as you can see in the photo, I do my off-water sailing workouts in the backyard with the bunnies. Is that weird?

And what's a Feraligatr anyway?

2 comments:

Dean Fulton said...

Where's the cup-holder? With as little sailing as I've been doing lately, I may have to think about building one for the Vanguard. Let me know when the rabbit stew is ready.
Dean

Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

Oh no... there are hard-core Laser sailors who do the exact same thing, to help with their racing stanima. Go for it! Me, I'm just happy if it's warm enough to get out onto the water in my Laser these days! lol.