10 February 2008

Less Fussing More Sailing

One of the joys about small boat sailing should be the ability to chuck it in the water and go. Less time futzing with all the gear and setting things up means more time sailing (and practicing those high speed gybes!) Well, I finally finished futzing with my trailer. Now all the gear stores in, on, or under the boat on the trailer. All I have to do is hitch it up to the truck and go. The boat stays mostly rigged under the cover, and the launching dolly is strapped on top fully assembled and ready to go. When I get to the water, I can rig it in about the same time as it takes to get naked and pull on the wetsuit and all the other get up.

From Megabyte Trailer
From Megabyte Trailer

1 comment:

Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

That's a great little small-boat trailer set-up you've got going there for yourself. Good on ya. Makes life a lot easier, huh?

Cyalayta
Mal :)