15 October 2009

Family Big Boat

Yep, definitely more room on here than on the little boat. Great time out with the fam, sister Carol, bro-n-la George, and best bud Dean.


And capped off with a great dinner at Asian Confusion. Funny story there. Carol and I had gone over to BevMo and while picking out beer for our day cruise, a man approached and asked what kind of beer we liked to drink with spicy Asian food.

"Well, I like the Sapporo that comes in these big cool cans, and Singha is pretty tasty, too." "What kind of food are you having?"
"We just got the liquor license for the Asian fusion restaurant I'm opening. It's called Asian Confusion. You should come try it."
"Um . . . (who is this guy?) . . . OK."
"Call me in the afternoon before you come and I'll make you my special black bean crab. Do you like crab?"
"Yeah, sounds great!"
Well, we called, we went, we tried to order crab. It wasn't on the menu. No problem. He made is special just for us. Best crab ever.

And surprise surprise, had had my favorite Japanese beer chilled and ready.

3 comments:

Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

Now THAT looks like a good family day out on the water together. good on you. i hope you enjoy your transition from wet-bum sailing to a little bit more comfort. Enjoy :)

Dean Fulton said...

And who says you need to have wind to go sailing? That was one of the sweatier sails I've been on, but a fine time anyways. Good beer story. I'll have to try the confusing Asian place sometime.

Anonymous said...

What fun!! Next time we go sailing with you guys, we want to top it off with a visit to the Asian Confusion place too!! How great to receive a specially made crab dish and chilled fav beer toboot! Bet you'll be back there quite often!
Nice pics too david! Love Mum and Bill