16 September 2008

Megabyte Mk II Reaching Fun

Thanks to Mitch scribbling on my Facebook wall, we got out for a little fun time in the racing boats. No high intensity short course racing stuff, just a Vanguard 15 and a Megabyte Mk II chasing each other across Carquinez Strait, stopping in for a blow in Martinez, then down around the mothball fleet only to get chased off by the floating rent-a-cop. A good breeze made for some fast reaching fun. After our Martinez stop, I swapped places with Dean. First time in the Megabyte for him, and he looked like a champ.

It was great to have Mitch along. I could tell that he was thoroughly enjoying himself. It's hard to sail fast and catch up on old times at the same time, but it was all good and leaves me eager to get back out there again soon. Seeing each other once every year or two is clearly not enough.

6 comments:

Dean Fulton said...

Nice edits. That's a fun boat to sail. I still need to consider a longer tiller extension for the Vanguard. Your MB's is right there where you need it all the time.

David said...

Yeah, I was going to say . . . When I took your spot in the Vanguard, I almost lost the helm a couple of times expecting a few more inches of it to be there.

Anonymous said...

hello there! What a great day out on the boats and fun to swap around and try your skills with different rigs! Not sure if I know Mitch, ( do I?) although I do recall the name. I think he used to visit with Dean and you when we lived on Port Weybridge. Anyhow, it is super that you guys get together once in a while. Really good video David! Love, Mum and Bill.hpb

David said...

Mitch who? Mitch Brown! Next door to Fultons on the Bridge. Yeah, that Mitch. Remember now, don't ya? :-)

Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

That was a great video, and looked like a great day out on the water. thanks!!!

David said...

Hi Mal,
Hey, as our summer winds down you must be getting excited about yours and some good sailing down there. Looking forward to some good sailing updates on your blog!